When you think of self-care and aromatherapy, you might think of a spa or a vacation on a sandy beach. What we are seeing more of is a focus on wellness that’s integrated into our day-to-day lives. Like on a Tuesday, when you’re late for carpool and you forgot your wallet and you’re out of stamps. How to be more mindful then? Lots of books have been written on this subject. We carry some, but we also have a host of small-batch goods that give us instant help with mindfulness. Here are a few goodies that we at General Store have been using and loving:
1. Green Lotus Oils Aromatherapy Sprays • For the team at Green Lotus, essential oil blends not only smell beautiful, they also protect from stress and act as a reminder to make healthy choices. From “Alert & Focus” to “Hot Flash Help,” we sneak over for a little spritz whenever we can.
2. Botanica 805 Atmosphere Mist • Marissa at Botanica 805 was inspired by a love for all natural goods that aim to support whole living. Her hand-crafted products are made in small batches, are packaged in recycled glass, and are free of parabens, dyes and colorants. These are room sprays, intended for a space, not your body. We’re partial to the Lemongrass & Peppermint in the office when you’re feeling a little sluggish.
PS: They also make a divine bath salt — and it’s all made in Morro Bay.
3. LUA Calming Face Oil • It doesn’t hurt that LUA’s natural bath and body products are so cheerfully packaged they just make you feel good holding them in your hand. Several of us are using either this deliciously scented Calming Face Oil or their Eye Beam Oil that reduces puffiness and relaxes tired eyes.
4. Fat & The Moon — Everything They Make • We have carried this natural apothecary line since day one, and chances are you’ll catch one of us wearing their natural deodorant or tinted lip stain on any given day. We’re especially excited about the Babies Moon Salve, a scent-and petroleum-free healing balm that can be used for diaper rash, to moisturize, or for a cut or scrape.
Whether you’re hitting the road or nestling in at home this Spring break, maybe give yourself a different kind of break. We’re happy to help!
– The Team at General Store Paso Robles